Fennel & Orange Salad on Trout
Obela Smooth Classic Hommus
4 x 200g ocean trout fillets, skin on and pin boned
2 navel oranges OR 1 navel orange and 1 blood orange
1 fennel, thinly sliced, preferably on a mandolin
1 small handful dill sprigs
40ml light extra virgin olive oil
50ml white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon caster sugar
And follow these steps...
- For the salad, cut the pith from the oranges and segment the wedges from the membrane. Squeeze any excess juices from the membrane into a bowl and place the segments into a second bowl.
- Place the fennel and dill into the bowl of orange segments and toss to combine. Add a teaspoon of 2 of the orange juice to stop the fennel from browning.
- Add the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and sugar to the bowl of orange juice. Season with sea salt and white pepper and whisk until thick and viscous.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Lightly oil the fish skin and place into the pan, skin side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the skin is crispy, flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes, then cook for 30-40 seconds on the remaining sides. Remove to a plate and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, spread the crispy skin side of the trout with Obela Smooth Classic Hommus. Toss the dressing through the salad and arrange handfuls on top of the trout. Finish with an extra drizzle of dressing and enjoy!